Thursday, February 28, 2013

why moms wear workout clothes to the grocery store...

Ok to start... I went to the gym today. Barb can tell you... it was a good workout. But it was NOTHING like the workout I got taking 3 kids to Kroger today. I must have lifted the two big kids in and out of that freaking basket 40 times. I was trying to keep them quiet so they would not wake up Trenton. I pulled their ears about 30 times for fighting, punching, touching everything at thigh level as they were walking down the isle, for eating grapes, stepping on my eggs, touching bread, j telling me he was going to "push me in the sewer" (thanks ninja turtles.. he now has replaced "im gona punch you in the face" w/ the sewer trash talk) And to any moms with kids that weigh over 32lbs.. pushing a cart with a 30lb kids standing in the front of it is a workout in itself. Nathan was pushing the baby in the stroller and ran into 2 displays and the back of my legs like 40 times. I almost bailed but was determined to get stuff to make tacos tonight and get grandma one of the pork shoulder that were on special.



 So early on N was pushing the basket and I was pushing the babystroller with Jacob standing on the front of the stroller.. (yes its a sight but it keeps him from holding the side and steering me all over the place and CONSTANTLY running over his boots.) Makes it hard to push but he needs two hands to hold on and it keeps him from touching stuff. (see exhibit A)

exhibit A


As I am  going down the isle people passing me are laughing. At first I just chucked it up to how J was riding .. but then it got embarrassing.  Did I have a big booger on my face? A boob sticking out ( yeah that's another story i need to tell) ... Finally I stop short and peer over to J holding himself steady by leaning his thighs against the baby tray and J has his pointer fingers in his baby brothers mouth stretching it from right to left like a big clown face as people pass by.(Exhibit B)
Exhibit B

Jacob's sneaky face here says it all~!!

Trenton is smiling and thinks its hilarious! I started laughing so hard I almost peed in my pants. TEARS... were coming out of my eyes... this lady says to me.. "Yeah I didn't think you knew what he was doing, but it sure was entertaining and made my day".

We get home and I am unloading all the groceries.... half way through much to my dismay I hear the garage door starting to shut.. I go RUNNING out to the garage and stop it just in time. The tailgate to my half unloaded suburban was WIDE open(exhibit C).. the garage forced it half way down. I know I reacted badly b/c even when I was on the phone telling my sister what happened he busted out in tears saying "I was just helpin".
exhibit c

Its a good thing that the fridge is too full and I need to go get rid of the rest of the OJ to make some room... think I can find some whipcream vodka to go in it, so I can relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment