Friday, November 4, 2011

Scorpions, poisen, possums, and a 40!

Ok... I hate these bugs w/ a passion. For some reason in the last year and a half they have been creeping into our home. We usually find them dead but recently we have found one or two a day for a week or so. Two were found ON THE WALL.. one above Nathans bed, one on the fireplace.

Well at 3am last week Nathan woke up when he hit his toe on his bed. We went and checked on him... brian stopped in the guest bathroom. He heard something and turned on the light and a HUGE one had just slipped down the shower curtain and hit the floor. I am dealing w/ nathan when we hear all this banging. (brian trying to beat it to death with the trash can!) So monday the exterminator (my good buddy now.. jesse) came out to spray.


I noticed heading out the door this morning a scorpion in the garage slightly drugged. I killed him an noticed another smaller one right next to him. After getting home I found another one by the garage door so now I was going to see how many I could find on the back porch.

 14... yes 14 I found dead (well one was 1/2 there) all on the back porch. 2 under the kids playhouse. ONE IN THE PLAYHOUSE wedged between the wall and window (the biggest one i found fyi) two under the slide ... 4 under the chairs and the rest under the outdoor storage chest. Seriously wth.



So 17 dead ones.. I thought that was so cool... So the kids are napping, well N was napping J was in bed talking and banging on the wall every 10 mins. I went in to let him out of his room (usually he is at the baby gate wanting out) I turn on the light and THERE IS A LIVE TAIL UP,SCORPION ON THE GROUND RIGHT WHERE HE WOULD LAND ON HIS FEET OUT OF HIS BED. I freaking lunged forward and grabbed him so he didn't step on it.

Needless to say i am so over this. Short of making a deal with the devil I will do anything to get these things gone!

This and dinner is why we got to g-mas after dark!

The best part.. we go this evening to spray my grandmas house b/c she is also having this same issue! We get there and its dark. The donkey kept freaking me out so I am spraying and trying to hold a floodlight while doing so. When all a sudden my brain said---- you just sprayed something with eyes and ears---- then I jumped dropped everything and ran yelling my husbands name. After showing the boys the frozen possum, I chased it from the house with a broom so B could shoot it. I felt bad till it hissed at me. Brian is a great shot, but for whatever reason he could not kill this thing. He shot it twice in the yard.. once after he jumped the fence and three more times in the pasture (which of course the floodlight ran out of batteries) I kept yelling "are you ok? did you get it?" He kept saying "this damn thing wont die!" I was laughing so hard. Then I had to warn him to watch out for the donkey in the dark! 


All in all a successful night .. possum dead and soon to be scorpions. As I was spraying one just appeared in the hall. I cant wait to have this issue resolved for grandma and me both!

No comments:

Post a Comment