Friday, August 12, 2011

Bad bugs, Good boys!

I have been ever so scared since I found a scorpion in our house 2 years ago. I have gone through a lot of training with Nathan letting him know that they are "danger danger". He has always seemed to keep Jacob out of trouble and letting me know when Jacob does something that could harm himself. (ie; "MOMMY JACAOB HAS A KNIFE" .. he has fast fingers and can climb people!!! )
So anyhow Brian and I were hanging around one afternoon and Jacob starts yelling something. We dont quite know what he is saying.. but he is stomping his foot and keeps repeating something. Turns out he was yelling "Bad Bug" and chasing a scorpion at a safe distance I might add and threating its life with his foot.
 Brian killed it and Nathan flushed it in the potty.
The very next day, I hear Jacob yelling the exact phrase "Bad Bug". I go running and sure enough he has found another one in the SAME place. 

I am so glad to know that even though he doesnt reiterate everything like his brother does, He DOES INDEED learn by watching and listening. He let us know this when allie barked on sunday and he replyed "SHUT UP ALLIE"

Brian and I both looked at each other and never discussed it... think we will be watching our words more closely!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment