Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gardening aint for the faint of heart.


I realize now why people with gardens don't just share their crops w/ just anyone. I just finished preping my garden for planting and lets just say my back is KILLLLLING me. God made me a modern day girl because he knew i would be complaining if i was born in the 1800's! I am excited non the less to get things going. Have some seeds planted and sprouting and have some tiny plants i need to transplant. Going to have 8 rows and a variety of veggies! Soooo excited.



Brian borrowed Dr.Kramr's tractor to minimize the work in moving all the dirt and it was funny to see how doing work on the tractor brought such a smile on his face (for those of you who dont know.. I joke brian and I dated in his dads tractor  its where we spent most of our time together in college) The boys had so much fun riding on it and watching daddy move the dirt. Brian moved some for our neighbor and I caught him in action...



if you look close you can see a big smile

the boys kept telling him what to do not that he could hear.
On the potty training front.... WE ARE THERE.. Nathan is in big boy underwear ALL day. He hasnt had but two big accidents in almost three weeks. I am so relieved he GOT it finally.


We got a new pet in the last week. Our neighbor called us over and gave Nathan and Jacob a baby slider turtle. We named him timmy and will keep his as long as we can take good care of him. He is the size of a silver dollar. He was a bit shy at first, but now moves all over the place. The kids like it when I clean his cage and let him run through the grass. He is getting fast.

Jacob is talking. He is saying "All done", "I need it", "book", "uh-oh", "monkey", "hungry",  "mickey" and even "more". His other favorite word is "TT" yes ladies and gentlemen he knows where it is and what it does and lets me know every time I change him. LOL...

I was looking at them playing today while i was working in the garden and even I couldnt tell who was who from where I was. Jacob is catching up with Nathan fast. However Jacob thinks he can do what brother does so I have caught them both leaping from the couch or picnic table to the ottoman. Scared me to death that they have no fear.

Nathan learned to drive!! I got a John Deere Gator (at steal of course for those who know me well) its perfect because its a two seater and Jacob (usually) holds on and enjoys the ride. Nathan has learned to stop and reverse and drive around stuff! He is so good at driving now! This is the video from the first day he had it over 2 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment