Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mid life crisis..... check! Caught on video... check!

So it all started right after Christmas when the butt of my jeans ripped! It seemed somehow I started to realize that I was now 31... or at least that's what I was telling people. Brian then told me I was 32. Great. That just makes it even better. I don't know why the rip in the jeans had such an effect on me. Maybe I didn't want to buy new pair of 100 dollar jeans. Maybe I realized I need to start dressing like a mom, and doctors wife (yes Amy, when I am not in my workout gear!! which is always) Brian started purging the closet of our high school and college gear and I thought i would do the same.


The girls across the street are happy let me tell you. They have gotten about 7 prom dresses about 3 trashbags full of abercrombie, old navy, and other "trendy" stomach showing, figure flaunting crap that I for whatever reason knew I wasnt going to ever wear again, but somehow still made me feel young to know it was sitting there as an option if I wanted to~!

Well It was a great feeling letting it all go. I went to Hobby lobby and got a dollar patch (you know I did barb!!!) and saved those expensive jeans. They ripped partially because my butt got larger due to all the cookies I baked over the holiday (i have to taste test a little!!) and partially because they were two years old and one of my two favs that I wore every other day. So they were a little thin upon examining them from being washed 400 times. My grandma told me to just iron on a patch, I tried to explain you just dont "do that" to a nice pair of jeans, I am not a 4 year old boy! I got smart and turned them inside out and  patched them from the inside out. I was desperate to keep the last of fav's complete! It worked and was a perfect fix.

I would also like to add.... that I have been working out at the gym for a year now! I am doing some hard core classes twice a week, and then we try to come "speed talk".. i mean speed walk ..LOL... one to two times a week also. Its been great and I am in great shape. It just sucks I am at that point in life where I have to do that. Brian on the other hand stopped drinking Dr.pepper and Fries and lost 25lbs...!!  what the hell??? Men!!

Earlier this last week I went shopping to pick out clothes for the pic for the church bulletin. A sales woman was trying to help me and bought me some clothes to try on. As I saw what she brought me I couldn't help but tell her... "I am 31.." .(this was before brian pointed out I was actually 32) "I dress ... um.. a little younger than this" She brought me stuff my grandma wears. I mean grandma can rock some cute stuff but I am not in my 80's! LOL...

It all came together today as I was at the gym w/ Barb and Courtney. I cannot walk and chew gum.. so I dont know why I  grabbed the tredmill in the middle of those two. We were in mid conversation about mini-vans and mid life crisis... when Courtney said something that made me do the "no way" and stop and stand still pose. (Note: Not a good idea to stop on a treadmill doing 3.5 miles and hour on a 1 inch incline!) Well at that point my back of my .. well one heel went off I hit the floor and Jumped back on the moving treadmill only to fall to my knees curl up in a ball and get hurled at 3.5 miles an hour into the wall behind us. It all happened so slow.... it was sooooo funny. So funny I started crying... hysterically. Courtney says "I didnt even try to help you I am so sorry.. it just happened in slow motion!"  Barb, the good friend she is says "Well I didnt help either but at least I hit the emergency stop for you!" I think that was when I burst into tears... tears of laughter.. but none the less tears.

Not to long after that Court left and as I watched her walk off.......I thought.... "dont they have video cameras around here?"  Sure enough there was one right in the corner. Facing directly at me. Barb and I trotted on into the managers office on the way out. She said she would find it and rip me a copy!!! LOLOLOLOL... she said she would have it ready to watch when we came in on thurs for class. You know I am getting there early to watch that!!!!

Is so funny.... just as you start to feel old.... life knocks you to the ground and makes you feel EVEN older! Thanks for being there girls..... I know it MADE your year!

Video footage to follow... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment