Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day with Gigi!

We packed up and headed out to spend that day with GIGI (my grandma and the boys great grandma) She is 89 and is so much fun and such a HUGE part of my kids lives. They always enjoy going out to the farm and even shopping in town with Gigi. Every time we go into Kohl's they yell for her.. they used to think she lived there! LOL...
Well today I tried to shoot some squirrels for Gigi.. I don't do this for fun.. well kinda.. but I do have a purpose. They eat her peaches and pears so I simply shoot them so I  A) don't have to have my summer conversations with her dominated by squirrel talk B) so i can eat all the yummy things she makes with the peaches and pears.


 So today I ended up with the score dawn 2 squirrels 0 because my honey bought me a new scope for my 22. I shot the first one but grazed him. But got him on the second try a few mins later. Then about two hours later managed to knock his girlfriend out of the tree while uncle bill was watching with one shot. Jacob would tell the story as he shot it.. check this out.




 Anyhow we threw rocks in the pond, checked on our fish in the water trough, kicked moles mounds, leaves, acorns and anything else we could find. We rode bikes, played ball, walked down to get the mail (.5 mile walk) shot squirrels. Well lets just say we were busy! Here are some fun pics and videos
J loved hitting the outdoor chime w. his bat... so funny!

looks like n is dragging j to the water.. n is actually holding j.. and j is yelling CHEESE!!!

way back from getting mail.. j had to hold Gigis hand

riding on the driveway

checking for fish!







No comments:

Post a Comment