Tuesday, January 17, 2012

belly aches and picky eaters!

So for whatever reason Jacob has not been wanting to eat for the past 3 months. He will eat fruit and yogurt but that is the only constants in his diet. He will occasionally eat fish sticks, tuna fish, pickles, cheese sticks, macaroni, corn dogs, nuggets, or anything he can dip in ketchup. But there are seriously days he eats a piece of toast or pop tart and that's it.. Soooooo frustrating. Brian said he would rather have a kid w/ discipline issues than a non eater. (i don't know that i feel that way since i am with them all day~! LOl.. but there are days i want to cut his head off with a butter knife when he wont eat!!!) So we have just learned to laugh about it.

So yesterday for lunch Jacob ate an entire adult meal from Chick-fil-a. I was very impressed he woofed it down quickly. In return of course nathan ate little of nothing. Nathan however will eat ANYTHING. This 3 year old eats salad, any bean including lima beans, raw onions w/ bbq, crabs, shrimp, steak... and all veggies.. even LOVES trees 'n cheese (broccoli). So its rare but i dont worry when Nathan doesn't eat.

So for dinner last night Brian and I were eating left overs. I thought I would be the coolest mom ever and make them hot dog weenies w/ cheese in the middle w/ rasp and blue berries, corn and green beans. Nathan was being whiny at first. I decided to be a decent human being and offer to share my peppermint blue bell ice cream (that i had been secretly hoarding in the outside freezer) with who ever finished everything on their plate. Well that was enough motivation for N... he started eating, finished EVERYTHING and got ice cream! Jacob on the other hand ate NOTHING for dinner ... and also ate nothing but oj for breakfast. (he did however clean his plate at lunch again today? wth?) I did fill another kid bowl with ice cream and make him watch me eat it. He so thought it was for him.. but he has to learn you have to eat to get the sweet treats!

But the funny part is Nathan was crying this morning around 7AM. I went into his room to check on him. He told me that his "belly hurt" and that I "fed him too much ice cream so he got a belly ache". What a ham! Who complains about eating too much ice cream? really? He might have been switched at birth, don't know if he is can be related to me. I can eat a half gallon in one sitting. I was born in Brenham you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment