Thursday, April 14, 2011

what boys dont do.....


Yesterday (like everyday) the boys help me water the trees, bushes, and my garden. Like every day they ended up soaking wet, Nathan went so far as to fill up both his boots entirely with the hose. THIS IS WHY I BOUGHT 8 DOLLAR BOOTS OFF EBAY... i would have fainted if i paid 80 dollars for little boys boots and he did that! Jacob as cute as can be was a wet mess from head to toe after playing in the sand and water table (nicknamed the mud table) both boys end up naked before we come in the house to rid them of their wet clothes and excess dirt. I will even go as far as saying me and the boys are getting a tan we are outside so much.(keep in mind nathan is never going to "tan" but he is darker than he was) After we finished our chores...  we heard some commotion across the street and ended up in our neighbors back yard getting gardening advice. Jacob got the urge to get in their pool so i let them wade in on the first step. Jacob while I wasn't looking sat down and started splashing around. I ended up draggin home a screaming wet child. He simply cant wait for summer weather and to go pool hopping in our neighborhood. (ALL my neighbors have pools and constantly invite us over! its great enjoying their pool and not paying all the cost to build it and maintain it! )

Anyhow, we got a visit from our local Toad P. Froggins last night. (the loving name i gave to the frog who lives in my front flower bed and scares the every-living you know what out of me) Of course jacob comes right up to it, bends down and touches it. He laughed when it jumped. I was taking pictures cautiously when a june bug hit me in the head and i went screaming running into the house in pure girl fashion. I just get freaked out when frogs are in my presence. I am fine if i know its there, but the element of surprise makes me come unglued.


Thanks to my loving cousin ryan, and my best friend mariah I HATE FROGS! Ryan took me to a pasture party next to a river one night and frogs kept jumping on my feet and i stepped on one in my flip flops (between my heel and flip flop GROSS) so ever since i just hated frogs. Mariah lovingly stuck them in my bathtub or in my purse and would call my phone in college so it just re-enforced my hate for Gods little nasty creatures. And living out in the country it doesnt help i see one about every evening. yuck!
Glad i have two boys and big strong man to save me when i freak out!

On another note. Watching your kids grow up before you eyes is amazing. Jacob is talking and telling me what he wants, and tackling nathan. Its just fun to see him as a toddler and not as a baby. Nathan is DRIVING. Oh lord that kid can maneuver a vehicle. He as a jeep, gator and tractor and he jumps from one to another and drives w/ ease. His problem solving skills are so good. He is potty trained totally, and yesterday he even cleaned all his toys up and came and got me to show me. Brian came home the other day and was having tears of laughter after having a grown up conversation with Nathan about his whole day. Its so great to have his so grown up, but i still miss snuggling my tiny babies.
Brian actually got a pic while they were snuggling all of 3 seconds.

at 4 seconds they were done!!

they didnt want pictures as proof they did once need me!

No comments:

Post a Comment