Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ONE PROUD MAMA...... and a little story about why the 5 second rule is a bad rule!

Well the potty training has been going really well. My bestie got me on to the gerber training pants (little underpants that absorb a little so small accidents dont require a change of clothes) and  WOW what a difference. He for whatever reason just all of a sudden desided that he can go in the potty. In a week we have had maybe 5 accidents total. 2 of those were at naptime so I am sooooo proud!!!
In fact today he went to MDO in his new underpants and had NO accidents. We headed straight to the potty after wards and he went pee...we get in the car and get all buckled in and he says "mom i need to go poopoo" You would have thought there was a bomb threat called into my suburban. I have never unstrapped 2 kids and ran so fast in my life. He made it .. we celebrated and made it home for ice cream celebration!  I am just SOOO excited!!! What a relief that he actually GO IT!! Hope to give you good reports from here on out....


Now I can fess up the Wal-mart story for those who don't understand why this is a MAJOR life changing event (one day you will.... )We were in walmart a week or so ago when i was recovering from being sick. Nathan said he needed to pee so we go darting to the bathroom in the back of the store. Nathan of course had gone already and I didn't have another diaper b/c had put the last diapers i had in his bag for MDO. So i let him go commando until we got home. So we head to the cart and go to the checkout line. I am literally swiping my card when I look down and see the "potty face"! You know the face they make when they "ARE" going.  I immediately look at the floor ... see no pee.. then realize.. oh....... $hit... literally.. rolls down the pant let and plops itself RIGHT THERE ON THE FLOOR AT WALMART!  Good mother I am had a wipe in my hand in .5 of a second and scoop it up... but much to my amazement one more piece falls out with each 10 or so steps to the door. I was so embarrassed I never turned around to see the faces of the people who were in line behind me... i thought about calling surveillance and seeing if they would release the video to Americas funniest videos, but in my sickened haze .. I wasn't even amused enough to laugh about it..... TILL NOW!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's awful.
    Maybe another reason to avoid walmart. ;)

    ReplyDelete