Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day of presents...

      So we headed out of the house knowing A) we needed gas B) some things from kroger C) a carpet stretcher from harbor freight (2 rooms have a bump in the carpet thats driving me nuts)

      I get out of the car to get the kids out and into the store and Nathan says "Hold me mommy" which means I don't want to walk.  Both kids had a fever this morning so they wanted to be snuggled all day. He started to fuss and I told him "you cannot wine like a girl when you wear camo, its a man thing": This guy walking next to us wearing camo about spit his gatorade all over himself. We went into harbor freight store I find what I need and turn around and Nathan is holding something I cannot identify and says "I need it".  I told him "You dont even know what it is and neither do I, you do not need it". He procceded to do it 2 more times. We get to the front and I am checking out and he says to the check out lady. "I'm Two old." "I like sharks", "I see flashlight, I like flashlight". The lady proceeds to give me 20% off and rings up the flashlight and writes it off. So Nathans day was going great. New flashlight (as if he doesn't have enough already)

       Next door is the dollar store, we perused on in there just to shop around. I suggested to go see the toys. Nathan instantly found a little dollar bag full of sharks and said "Mama I need it." Picking my battles I said yes. He has been in love with sharks since we went to the shark reef in las vegas. We are going up to the front when some glow in the dark stars caught my eye..  then all of a sudden I got hit in the back of the head with something. I turn around to Nathan holding a blue pool noodle and he says "I hit mama" w/ a huge smile. I couldnt resist. We left the dollar store w/ a blue noodle, a bag of sharks, and glow in the dark stars.

      While in Kroger I didn't notice Nathan was taking coupons out of the instant coupon holders and sticking them in his pockets. I was to busy making sure he didn't leave shark in some weird place. We were buying diapers when he said he wanted "pink" ones. I said absolutely not your father would never forgive me! We are checking out when nathan who is standing in the cart at my height finds the "ring for good service" bell and proceeds to ring a ding ding this thing. All the clerks yell and whistle when you ring it. So he just kept ringing it. I handed the guy my coupons and turn to get my wallet when nathan unloads all of his coupons. The guy eneded up scanning like 5 dollars in coupons on stuff I didn't even buy.. WHOOPS! I guess thats Nathans way of earning his toys! What a ham!

    Jacob is also learning some stinker behavior from his brother. Here he starts w/ kissing noises... and proceeds to do this and spit food everywhere. I started correcting him and this is what happens.....

   

No comments:

Post a Comment