Saturday, October 2, 2010

aggies .. fishing... and fun


 This is one happy little boy.... me, nay and jay all enjoyed a strawberry milkshake on wed afternoon. Both boys really enjoyed it!

  We went last wed night to watch the Aggies play at the bowers house. The men watched football, the kids played and barb and I, well we pigged out on food while we had the chance. Nathan was a little weary of cowboy Jack and his rope, and Jacob found a basketball and lets just say it was love at first sight. All 4 boys just made the rounds and played. They were a little weary at their fathers yelling at first, but soon became accustomed with it. Of course we lost.... boooo... by one field goal. Anyhow.. we sure had a fun night!     


        We took the boys to go fishing earlier this week (cork on the end of the line), down at the pond in our edition. Nathan had fun throwing his line in the water and watching dad do some fishing. It was a little discouraging because there was so much moss grown up in the water but we still had a fun time. Jacob enjoyed watching them and the ducks!
       But tonight we were at my aunts house and Brian caught a little perch and Nathan went NUTS over it. He told Brian to catch another one. He got to see the whole action on the second one being reeled in. About 5 mins after that happened my Uncle leaned up against the railing that keep in mind is older than I am on his tiny pier and the board gave way and he helplessly tumbled into the pond. I swear I almost wet my pants he fell in backwards luckily it was deep enough that he didn't land on his head. His phone however might not have survived!! But seeing him pulled out of the lake with seaweed on his head was priceless!!

      Today while at my grandmas celebrating her 83rd birthday Nathan saw a airplane in the sky and pointed it out. A minute later he points up and says "I see another one". I guess I do not realize just how good he can speak and understand.  He went and got Brian's shoes and made him put them on, then went and found and put on his shoes and told Brian "I want to go home, go get in car".  Then tonight he told me "I wanna be naked" and wouldn't put on is pj top to go to sleep. He also asked at night for you to "cover me" w/ the covers. I love that he can talk, but I sure do miss those days when I could just hold little Nathan and rock him to sleep and that alone healed every tear.

     Busy little Jacob put his sticky little fingers right in Gigi's birthday cake though. That kid is so stinking fast and hard to hold. You cant help but just put him on the ground and let him crawl because he wiggles so much.



Here is Nathan cheesing it w/ his beloved sharks and whales on his leg all lined up. We take them everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment