Thursday, January 31, 2013

Laughter from the kitchen!

So we were making cookies the other night for me to take to Bunco. The boys at my side the ENTIRE way through. They both keep talking non stop in separate conversations so I am going nuts with all the talking. They both got their "taste" of cookie dough. I took them off the counter and they went and got their step stools to continue to watch the action (at a safe non-cookie stealing length). I turn around to find Jacob on a step stool shouting out a bargain. J says "Mama! IF you give ME 1 more cookie dough, I will go outside and leave you alone"(he has said it 10 times in a row..driving me nuts) N replies to J "That is NOT a deal.. mom doesn't make deals with you Ja-cub."

 I am dying laughing because he is basically going to annoy me until I give in. Its funny how I started to get them to do thing by saying "if you do ____ then I will give you___." They have learned the behavior I want and now reverse it as... hey mom.. Give me candy and then I will put up all my clothes!  EXTORTION! I especially love it when I follow my bargain w/ the word "DEAL?"... then nathan says "NO MOM, ITS NOT A DEAL!"

I always end up getting my way.. at least for now I am still smarter than them. But it is funny how they learn, and my oh my, do they learn by example!

No comments:

Post a Comment