Monday, January 21, 2013

Heaven

So for whatever reason Nathan has been talking about Heaven A LOT lately. I know that they talked about Jesus dying on the cross in school last week but he has and always will think too much about little things most people just brush off. Here are some of the questions he has asked:

How far away is heaven?
Is it on a map?
How old is heaven?
How old is God?
Do I have to go? (Followed by tears and "But I wanna stay w/ you": then we both were crying)
Can I take my duck? (this came tonight.... i couldn't tell him NO. I just nodded and it put him at ease)
Will we have a house in heaven?
Does God have good snacks? (a must!! come on!!)

I explained to him that he has a Grandma, Grandpa, an aunt and great grandparents there already. I tried to ease his anxiousness by telling him we will all meet there in the future and that God calls us when he is ready.

His reply "Well I will NOT answer when he calls" I about shot sprite through my nose. He got a laugh at my reaction for sure. Love that he thinks God will call us on the phone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment