Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"Momma, how will you get the baby out of your tummy?"

So Nathan is VERY curious, and asks a lot of very in depth questions. Brian loves to explain things in "DOCTOR" terms giving them all the big words and details. Usually N is satisfied with Daddy's answers and then a few random months in the future uses the explanation in the correct manor.

Examples:

- Nathan at 2 was able to tell anyone who asked that helium is what makes balloons float because its lighter than air.
- Our neighbor asked Jacob for the toy DR. scissors, and J replied "These aren't scissors, these are hemostats."

Questions he asked this week:

-Do eggs come out of chickens butts? (I told him they have an egg hole and poop hole...then I laughed for an hour thinking about when he tells someone just how I explained that one!)
-He asked why firefighters were on the side of our road. I had to explain they were construction workers and how they are different.


So about 2 weeks ago N asks me "Momma, how will you get the baby out of your tummy?"
I thought about it, opened my mouth. However nothing came out. Knowing that whatever I said could or would be brought up in kroger, at church, at gigis, or grannys. I thought a little longer and then decided to tell him the TRUTH.

I said "When the baby is ready to come Granny will come stay with you and Daddy will take me to the hospital. Then Doctor Gayle will do some Magic and take the baby out". I know, I know~ your thinking I am a chicken. But it just flashed in front of my eyes of N using works like "birth canal" or something WORSE if I did explain it. I really did not lie. It will be a MAGICAL moment~! LOL

Last night he asked again... lets just hope he doesn't ask his dad~ Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment