Monday, October 3, 2011

Fire.

So I picked up the boys at school... had to play volunteer firefighter for an hour on the way home. We pulled upon a pasture fire called 911 and spent the next hour turning on sprinklers.... and moving pets. I got some action on video. One neighbor and one passerby  got out and started using shovels to assist a guy on a tractor w/ a sprayer. Next thing I know the guys started running back to their trucks that were literally 20 feet from the line of fire in a 10 mile an hour wind that just shifted. They got them moved but it was close! It was neat to be a part of helping... but it was really scary how fast that fire moved and how hard it was to contain even just in an open field. I truly want to thank all firefighters I know. You are so brave and your job is so important! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment